Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome

This is the inaugural post--a sort of warm up. I'll probably edit it later. I decided to start this new blog because I felt that The Peep Stone had served its purpose and because I wanted to chart a new course. When I started Peep Stone, I was still attending the LDS Church, and I was very upset about my experience there.

Now I have quit attending. I have not asked that my name be removed from the Church's records. And, while I wouldn't say that I am "over" my experience as a Mormon (I doubt that will ever be possible), I really don't want to comment on the day-to-day news of Mormonism any longer. I'll leave that task to others. There continues to be wonderful fodder for humor and rants up to the date of this writing.

What I am interested in is the Mormon worldview. I am also interested in the workings of Mormon apologetics and apologists' attempts at defending the Church against criticism. In other words, I am not interested in fighting Mormonism; I am interested in thinking about its apologetics out loud. And, damn it, I can't promise I won't indulge in humor... a lot.

No comments: